I know I’m late on this post considering the anniversary was over a week ago, but better late than never right? I’m surprised it’s taken me this long to make this list for my favorite kpop group and so I wanted to make sure I got everything right. That said, happy 6th anniversary to T-ara! Here’s to another 6!
I wish I had the time and ability to create my own FMV for this, but I’ll let others do that for me.
As usual, gotta show off that debut stage as well
1. Eunjung. Ham Eunjung! Ham Eunjung! Milky-skinned Ham Eunjung!
2. Soyeon. T-ara’s fantastic main singer has been a favorite from the start and I’m shocked she doesn’t get more OST work
3. Jiyeon. The dinosaur maknae has grown from this cute little teenager to a gorgeous young woman. Now if only she could get more acting gigs.
Top Title Songs
1. Cry Cry. No surprise what song tops this list considering one of my recent posts.
2. Number 9. The return of 6-ara. Had high expectations for this song and it still blew me away.
3. Roly Poly. Arguably T-ara’s most popular song. Pushed them to the point of threatening 2NE1 and SNSD’s stranglehold on popularity level, but then Hwagate came along and the rest is history.
4. I Go Crazy Because of You. Eunjung’s stroll down the aisle is my favorite part of any MV out there.
5. Day by Day. This rare 8-ara song has always been a favorite of mine and barely beats out “Sugar Free” for the last spot on the list.
Top Non-Title Songs
1. Say Goodbye. I’d say this is probably my favorite song on the Absolute First Album.
2. Hurt. This ballad from the Again album is definitely one of their best
3. Falling U. Yet another great song from the Absolute First Album.
4. Round and Round. Yes this is technically a remake, but it’s always been a favorite of mine
5. I’m Okay. This feels like it should be T-ara’s theme song post Hwa-gate. Part-wise, it’s one of the most balanced of T-ara’s discography and yet another reason why Temptastic was probably their best overall album.
1. What Should We Finish – Soyeon. This song is probably what made me fall for Soyeon. Not to say that she’s not fantastic carrying the vocal load for their other songs, but this song really pushed it over the top.
2. Dream High – Eunjung. Okay admittedly Eunjung wasn’t a main part of this, but still a great song.
3. Haru Haru – Jiyeon. I think this is the best I’ve ever heard Jiyeon sing. She’s not the strongest singer by anymeans, but she has a certain note range in which she shines.
4. Coffee Over Milk – Soyeon/Hyomin. This song has always stuck with me as it’s one of the few instances where you hear a more subdued sound from Soyeon’s normally powerful voice.
5. Good Person – T-ara. If you want to be technical about it, this could be considered T-ara’s debut song instead of “Lies”. Of course as all T-ara fans know, this 5-ara lineup was short-lived and never released an actual digital single or album.
Top Solo/Sub Unit Songs
1. TTL. Eunjung’s rap in this is amazing and I don’t understand why she’s never brought up whenever people think of best girl group rappers.
2. Jeonwon Diary. To this day, I still don’t know why they performed this at some random place in Vegas, but I really wish I’d been able to go to it. Best song lyrics ever too. The only thing I’d change is to have Eunjung do the male rap part too.
3. Little Apple. Admittedly, I was really confused by the random chinese lines when they first dropped this song but it’s still a super catchy song.
4. Never Ever. Easily the best of the 3 T-ara solo songs that were released.
5. Like a Wind. Poor QBS. While N4 got all the attention in Korea, they released this song to little fanfare in Japan. It sounds like it belongs in an anime OST, but for me that’s a positive rather than a negative.
Top Song Covers
1. Sexy Guy – Space A. I was cracking up so hard watching this. Top 3 scene in that drama for sure.
2. Wingless Angel – Roora. An oldie, but a goodie. Ripping the audio so I can listen to it whenever I want was a wise decision.
3. D.I.S.C.O. – Uhm Jung Hwa. I really wish they’d bring back Star Dance Battle since those were some pretty entertaining covers.
4. Winter’s Child – Lee Jong Yong. I love this song and Eunjung looks amazing. If only her solo song wasn’t so dull…
5. Wishing on a Star – Wonder Girls. Some days I still can’t believe I actually made it through this entire stupid drama. That being said, Jiyeon was fantastic and she had some of her best vocal performances in it.
1. 6-ara. Debut lineup is best lineup.
2. 7-ara(with Areum). This was probably their most balanced group and I wouldn’t have minded if they’d kept this one.
3. 7-ara(with Hwayoung). Gotta give credit to the lineup they had at the height of their popularity. Yes, it did eventually leave to their downfall, but it had a good run while it lasted.
4. 8-ara. This was always a weird lineup to me only because I didn’t see the need. Lines were at a premium already and having Hwayoung and Eunjung split the rapping duties made it seem kinda cramped.
5. 5-ara. Hard to judge this lineup considering they only made the 1 song.
Best Variety Appearances
1. T-ara Dot Com. This is T-ara at their absolute variety finest. Can’t forget the look on Eunjung and Boram’s face when Eunjung pulled out her jean on jean ensemble.
2. T-ara World. Another early T-ara variety appearance.
3. We Got Married(Eunjung). Woojung couple is still my favorite out of all of the ones that have appeared on it.
4. Haha Mong Show. Loved the ending
5. Weekly Idol. Not the full group version, but a flawless random play dance performance.